Sarcosine – Powder, 50g
Sarcosine, also known as N-methylglycine, is an intermediate and byproduct in glycine synthesis and degradation. Sarcosine is metabolized to glycine by the enzyme sarcosine dehydrogenase, it is known to act as a glycine receptor agonist.
Sarcosine is an amino acid derivative that is naturally found in muscles and other body tissues. In the laboratory, it may be synthesized from chloroacetic acid and methylamine. Sarcosine is found naturally as an intermediate in the metabolism of choline to glycine, it acts as a type 1 glycine transporter inhibitor and a glycine agonist. It increases glycine concentrations in the brain thus causing increased NMDA receptor activation.
Out of stock
What is Sarcosine?Sarcosine is naturally found in muscles and other body tissues, it is an amino acid derivative and is also known as N-Methylglycine and Methylglycine. Sarcosine is synthesized from the glycine N-Methyltransferase (GMNT) enzyme which utilizes a methyl group from S-Adenosyl methionine and donates it to glycine. Sarcosine acts as a type 1 glycine transporter inhibitor and a glycine agonist. It causese increased NMDA receptor activation through glycine concentrations in the brain.
Sarcosine Benefits and UsesStudies have shown that Sarcosine may have the following benefits:
- Promotes a positive mood and outlook
- Promotes feelings of well-being, tranquility and calm
- Supports cognitive function and ability
- May support the body’s ability to manage pain
Additional Information on SarcosineSarcosine is purported to have a variety of potential health benefits that may have a positive effect on mood due to its method of action which increases glycine concentrations in the brain.
Where to Buy SarcosineBotany offers high-quality Sarcosine powder in a quantity of 1g. Our Sarcosine has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
For Best Results:
- Take 1g orally up to 2 times daily.
- Sensitive to flavors? Feel free to mix your powder into your favorite food or drink.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- A 50g jar contains 50 x 1g servings.
- We recommend using a milligram scale to accurately measure dosages.
One Serving (1g) Contains:
- Sarcosine 1g
- Other Ingredients: none.
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition.
Do not use if tamper seal is broken.