Maca Root (Lepidium Meyenii) | 0.2% Macamides, 0.2% Glucosinolates – Powder, 100g
Maca Root extract is derived from the root of the Lepidium meyenii plant, a rare plant that has been used in traditional medicine for centuries. The root contains naturally occurring compounds such as Macamides and Glucosinolates which are thought to give it its medicinal properties.
This extract is standardized to contain 0.2%+ Macamides and 0.2%+ Glucosinolates. Macamides have roles as neuroprotective agents, plant metabolites and fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitors among other functions. Glucosinolates constitute a natural class of organic compounds that contain sulfur and nitrogen and are derived from glucose and an amino acid.
Out of stock
What is Maca Root?
The Maca plant, otherwise known as Lepidium meyenii or Peruvian ginseng, is a rare root vegetable that has been used in traditional Peruvian Medicine for centuries.It’s native to a small region in the Andes mountains only and the extract contains a variety of compounds including Macamides and Glucosinolates which are considered to give the plant its wide range of potential health benefits.
Maca Root Benefits and Uses
Studies have shown that Maca Root Extract may have the following benefits:
- Promotes sexual health and libido
- Supports a robust immune system
- Supports cognitive function and ability
- Supports feelings of wellbeing and a positive mood
- Promotes healthy energy levels
Additional Information on Maca Root
The root of the Lepidium meyenii plant, which grows in just one region in the Andes mountains, is the only natural source of many of the beneficial compounds found in the Maca root.
Where to Buy Maca Root
Botany offers high-quality Maca Root Extract powder in a quantity of 100g. Our Maca Root Extract has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
For Best Results:
- Take 1g orally up to 3 times daily.
- Sensitive to flavors? Feel free to mix your powder into your favorite food or drink.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- A 100g jar contains 100 x 1g servings.
- We recommend using a milligram scale to accurately measure dosages.
One Serving (1g) Contains:
- Maca Root Extract 1g
- Other Ingredients: none.
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition.
Do not use if tamper seal is broken.