- You cannot add "Elderberry (Sambucus Nigra) | 25% Proanthocyanidins - Powder, 50g" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Jiaogulan (Gynostemma Pentaphyllum) | 45%+ Gypenoside – Powder, 50g
Gynostemma Pentaphyllum, or ‘Jiaogulan’ is a herb belonging to the gourd, melon and cucumber family. It’s packed full of naturally occurring chemical constituents similar to those found in Ginseng and is an activator of AMP-activated protein kinase. Botany’s Jiaogulan extract is standardized to contain 45%+ Saponins as Gypenoside
The Gynostemma pentaphyllum plant is native to East Asia and has been used in traditional Asian medicine and cuisine for centuries. Among the many compounds naturally produced within the plant are Saponins (gypenosides), which are thought to give the plant its potentially medicinal properties.
What is Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract?Gynostemma pentaphyllum, also called jiaogulan, is a dioecious, herbaceous climbing vine of the family Cucurbitaceae, the same family as cucumber, melon and gourd plants. The plant has been used in Traditional Asian medicine for centuries. The leaves of Jiaogulan contain gypenosides, which are triterpene saponins. Over 189 saponins can be found in Jiaogulan and some of the gypenosides are chemically identical to ginsenosides common to Panax ginseng. Jiaogulan is an activator of AMP-activated protein kinase. The activation of the AMPK enzyme inhibits cholesterol and fat synthesis.
Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Benefits and UsesStudies have shown that Jiaogulan may have the following benefits:
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Supports heart health
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system
- May act as an antioxidant
- Promotes a positive mood
- Supports healthy sleep patterns
Additional Information on Gynostemma PentaphyllumDespite the plant belonging to the same family as the cucumber, melon and gourd, the fruit it produces is in fact inedible. It was however first recorded and described by an ancient Chinese academic as being a ‘survival’ food in times of famine.
Where to Buy Gynostemma PentaphyllumBotany offers high-quality Gynostemma Pentaphyllum powder in a quantity of 50g. Our Gynostemma Pentaphyllum has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
For Best Results:
- Take 500mg orally up to 1 time daily.
- Sensitive to flavors? Feel free to mix your powder into your favorite food or drink.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- A 50g jar contains 100 x 500mg servings.
- We recommend using a milligram scale to accurately measure dosages.
One Serving (500mg) Contains:
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum 500mg
- Other Ingredients: none.
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition.
Do not use if tamper seal is broken.