Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) – Powder, 100g
Alpha Lipoic Acid may reduce neuronal death from excess glutamatergic activity by increasing glutathione stores in the brain. It may also reduce NF-kB activity, which is considered to result in a potentially anti-inflammatory effect.
Alpha Lipoic Acid (RS-Lipoic Acid) is a naturally occurring organosulfur compound. It is required for aerobic respiration in animals. It may have a wide range of biological effects and health benefits when used as a supplement.
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Alpha-lipoic acid is a compound found naturally inside every cell of the human body. Its primary role is to convert blood sugar (glucose) into energy using oxygen, a process referred to as aerobic metabolism. Alpha-lipoic acid is also considered to help neutralize harmful compounds called free radicals that damage cells at the genetic level.
Alpha Lipoic Acid Benefits and Uses
Studies have shown that Alpha Lipoic Acid may have the following benefits:
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- Supports cellular health
- Promotes weight loss
- Supports healthy looking skin
- Supports a healthy nervous system
Additional Information on Alpha Lipoic Acid
Your body produces alpha-lipoic acid naturally, but it’s also found in a variety of foods and can be synthetically produced in a lab.
Where to Buy Alpha Lipoic Acid
Botany offers high-quality Alpha Lipoic Acid powder in a quantity of 100g. Our Alpha Lipoic Acid has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
For Best Results:
- Take 500mg orally up to 2 times daily.
- Sensitive to flavors? Feel free to mix your powder into your favorite food or drink.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- A 100g jar contains 200 x 500mg servings.
- We recommend using a milligram scale to accurately measure dosages.
One Serving (500mg) Contains:
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) 500mg
- Other Ingredients: none.
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition.
Do not use if tamper seal is broken.