Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) – Powder, 100g
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) may reduce neuronal death from excess glutamatergic activity by increasing glutathione stores in the brain. It may also reduce NF-kB activity, which is considered to result in a potentially anti-inflammatory effect.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) (RS-Lipoic Acid) is a naturally occurring organosulfur compound. It is required for aerobic respiration in animals. It may have a wide range of biological effects and health benefits when used as a supplement.
What is Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA)?
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a compound found naturally inside every cell of the human body. Its primary role is to convert blood sugar (glucose) into energy using oxygen, a process referred to as aerobic metabolism. Alpha-lipoic acid is also considered to help neutralize harmful compounds called free radicals that damage cells at the genetic level.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) Benefits and Uses
Studies have shown that Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) may have the following benefits:
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- Supports cellular health
- Promotes weight loss
- Supports healthy looking skin
- Supports a healthy nervous system
Additional Information on Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Your body produces Alpha-lipoic acid naturally, but it’s also found in a variety of foods and can be synthetically produced in a lab.
Where to Buy Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Botany offers high-quality Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) powder in a quantity of 100g. Our Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) has been lab-tested and verified for both product purity and identity.
For Best Results:
- Take 500mg orally up to 2 times daily.
- Sensitive to flavors? Feel free to mix your powder into your favorite food or drink.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from light.
- A 100g jar contains 200 x 500mg servings.
- We recommend using a milligram scale to accurately measure dosages.
One Serving (500mg) Contains:
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) 500mg
- Other Ingredients: none.
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Consult your physician if pregnant, nursing, have or suspect a medical condition.
Do not use if tamper seal is broken.